Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Audition Experience...what?!

Well, today was a first.
Brandon is going to be taking tap dancing, starting in a few weeks. He's beside himself with excitement...he's been asking to take classes at Briana's dance school for 2 yrs. Bri's taking 2 ballet classes this year, and both were asked to participate in the audition process today, for the ballet companies production of The Nutcracker. The school is a regular dance school, and also the only juvenile ballet company in NJ. They both did well, and got into the show. We don't know what "roles" they will have yet. This show will give them the opportunity to work with the professionals (adults and kids) in the company, to have the extra rehearsals (dance experience) each week, and to do this really fun thing together. We've been going to see the show for the last few years, and they've been begging to "go on stage" (as they call it) from day one. I've resisted...but this year I caved in when we were asked by the schools director...she's being very generous in offering us scholarships for Bri's additional class, and Bran's tap. How could I say no? I think it will end up being a really neat experience for them, surely one we will never forget. I'll be helping with stage sets (painting props, etc.), and back stage during the performances.

2 comments:

Laurice said...

Brig: What an exciting adventure for you and the kids. Please, please let me know when the show is going to take place!!!!!

The Queen B said...

You got it! I'll let you know as soon as I do!